The law looks at past drug convictions and current unemployment rates to determine which areas were disproportionately impacted by the War on Drugs (called “disproportionately impacted areas” or DIAs). The law requires the Social Equity Council to release a final list of qualifying census tracts.
- Are there limits to the number of Equity Joint Ventures a producer or dispensary facility can partner with?
- Can I apply for the lottery and then add backers if I am selected in the lottery?
- How can I participate in the Social Equity Lottery?
- How is which neighborhoods were most impacted by the War on Drugs determined?
- How will the law promote social equity?