An employee is anyone who is not a backer, but that is a member of the board of a company with an ownership interest in a cannabis establishment, and anyone who is directly employed by a cannabis establishment or has routine access to the establishment and its products.
This credential is for both medical marijuana and adult-use cannabis employees.
Eligible applicants must meet all licensing requirements as outlined in Sections 21a-421 and 21a-421a of Chapter 420h, the Department’s policies and procedures, and all other relevant state and local laws and regulations.
To complete this application, you will need the following:
- A current, digital, passport sized image, taken no more than 30 calendar days before the submission of the application:
- Taken against a plain white or off-white background or backdrop;
- Two inches by two inches in size;
- In natural color;
- Provides a front, unobstructed view of the individual's full face;
- Has between 1 and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
- Is in “jpeg” format.
- A legible copy of a valid Government issued photo ID (i.e. Driver's License, Passport, etc.)
- Review the list of disqualifying convictions.
For any of the crimes listed in the link above, if you were convicted of a crime, received a suspended sentence, deferred sentence, or forfeited bail for any offense in criminal or military court or have any charges pending, you will be required to attach a statement providing the date(s) of conviction(s), name of individual(s) involved, the court(s) where the case(s) were decided, a description of the circumstances relating to each offense or for the pending charges and the outcome of the proceedings.
- All employee licenses expire annually one year from the initial date of issuance.
- Each employee is required to submit a renewal application and fee to the department at least 45 days prior to the date the existing license expires.
- If a renewal application is not filed prior to the license’s expiration date, the license will become void until the renewal application is approved.
- If a renewal application is not submitted within thirty calendar days of the license’s expiration date, the applicant will be required to submit a new application.
License fees are paid for by the licensed cannabis establishment.
- Initial - $50
- Renewal - $50
Apply online at https://elicense.ct.gov/