DCP will hold multiple lotteries on an ongoing basis. DCP will announce the number of available licenses before each application round.
Related: License Application Information
An equal number of licenses will be available to social equity and general applicants. The number of licenses available in each category in the first application round are listed below:
- Retailer: 6 general licenses, 6 Social Equity licenses
- Micro-cultivator: 2 general licenses, 2 Social Equity licenses
- Delivery Service: 5 general licenses, 5 Social Equity licenses
- Hybrid Retailer: 2 general licenses, 2 Social Equity licenses
- Food and Beverage: 5 general licenses, 5 Social Equity licenses
- Product Packager: 3 general licenses, 3 Social Equity licenses
- Product Manufacturer: 3 general licenses, 3 Social Equity licenses
- Transporter: 2 general licenses, 2 Social Equity licenses
The application rounds for the eight license types that will be selected through the lottery process will open on a staggered basis. The application period for the first round of lotteries will remain open for 90 days.
Applications for social equity cultivator licenses located in Disproportionately Impacted Areas will have a one-time 90-day application period beginning February 3, 2022, and ending May 4, 2022.
The first application period for each license type will open for a period of 90 days on the following dates:
- Disproportionately Impacted Area Cultivator: February 3, 2022 (non-lottery)
- Retailer: February 3, 2022
- Micro-cultivator: February 10, 2022
- Delivery Service: February 17, 2022
- Hybrid Retailer: February 24, 2022
- Food and Beverage: March 3, 2022
- Product Manufacturer: March 10, 2022
- Product Packager: March 17, 2022
- Transporter: March 24, 2022