To incorporate cannabis as an ingredient into food and beverages, you need a food and beverage manufacturer license from the Department of Consumer Protection. Licensed food and beverage manufacturers may sell, transfer or transport their own products to a cannabis establishment, laboratory or research, but may not directly sell, transfer or transport their own products to a consumer. Please refer to Sec. 44 of PA21-1 for more information.
- Application and Licensing Fees
- License Application Information
- The Lottery Process
- Licensing Frequently Asked Questions
- Adult-Use Cannabis Licensing Program
- Are cannabis establishments required to be located a certain distance from any other buildings or businesses, including more than 1,500 feet from a school?
- Are the lottery and license application fees refundable?
- Are there limits to the number of Equity Joint Ventures a producer or dispensary facility can partner with?
- Are there packaging or labeling standards for CBD and legal Delta products?