To incorporate cannabis as an ingredient into food and beverages, you need a food and beverage manufacturer license from the Department of Consumer Protection. Licensed food and beverage manufacturers may sell, transfer or transport their own products to a cannabis establishment, laboratory or research, but may not directly sell, transfer or transport their own products to a consumer. Please refer to Sec. 44 of PA21-1 for more information.
- Backers and Business Owners
- Licensing Frequently Asked Questions
- Location and Zoning
- Licensing - Lotteries and Application Information
- Establishing a Business
- Adult-Use Cannabis Licensing Program
- After our conversion to Hybrid Retailer, are Dispensary Technicians required to complete Medical Marijuana transactions?
- After our conversion to Hybrid Retailer, does a ratio of three (3) Dispensary Technicians to one (1) Dispensary Pharmacist still need to be maintained?
- After our Hybrid Retailer Conversion Application is approved and the Adult-Use Cannabis market opens, are there restrictions where an employee with an Adult-Use Cannabis Employee credential is allowed in the facility?
- Are cannabis establishments required to be located a certain distance from any other buildings or businesses, including more than 1,500 feet from a school?