In accordance with Governor Lamont’s directive concerning the COVID-19 pandemic, the agency is closed to the public until further notice. Our staff continues to provide services through telework and will make every effort to continue agency operations to the greatest extent practicable under the circumstances. Our main number is 800-504-1102. For a complete directory of departments visit Contact Us. We will respond to voice mail and email communications as promptly as we can. Thank you for your understanding. Contact Us

FAQs for Active/Inactive Teachers

Under what circumstances may I apply for a refund of my contribution balances with CTRB?

You may apply for a refund of your contribution balances upon termination of your Connecticut public school teaching position.  You may not apply for a refund while on a leave of absence or borrow funds from your account.  When you withdraw your funds, you forfeit your right to any monthly benefit that you may be eligible to receive from this system.  If you have a minimum of 10 years of service, be sure to understand the amount of the potential benefit you will be forfeiting by withdrawing your funds.  For further information, obtain the Application for Withdrawal of Member's Deposits form.