Am I eligible to vote?
- Are you at least 17 and turning 18 on or before Election Day?
- Are you a United States citizen living in Connecticut?
- If you have been convicted of a felony, have you completed confinement? (More details)
If you can answer yes to all three of these questions, you are eligible to register to vote in Connecticut.
What if I moved recently?
- You will have to update your voter registration to reflect your new address.
- If you moved to Connecticut from another state, if you moved to a different town within Connecticut, or even if you moved within the same town, your polling location may have changed.
- Your voter registration should always reflect your current home address.
What if I am a student?
If you are a college student living away from home, you may choose to vote in one of two ways:
- Either complete an absentee ballot for the election in your hometown.
- Register to vote in your college town.