Request a Certificate of Recognition
Thank you for using our online form to request a certificate of recognition. The Secretary of the State’s Office handles as many requests as possible, but due to the high volume of requests, please adhere to the requirements below.
- At her discretion, Secretary Merrill will issue certificates for noteworthy state or local events that deserve special recognition. The public service documents are a courtesy to the requestor, are strictly honorary, and are not legally binding.
- A certificate request must be sponsored by a resident of Connecticut.
- All requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. The Secretary reserves the right to decline any request or make exception to those guidelines.
- Certificates of recognition are not automatically reissued each year and must be requested on an annual basis.
- To ensure the best results, we ask that your request be
submitted at least two weeks prior to the due date.