Bulk Data & Images
Updated December 2022
Our bulk data and image policy has changed due to the move of the business registry and UCC registry to business.ct.gov.
- The business records search now contains an advanced search feature to search by business name, city, principal, and agent, allowing filtering and extracting of the search results. Note, the extract feature currently limits exports to 1,000 rows. If the data you are extracting has more than 1,000 results, please see below for how to extract that data.
- The UCC Lien Search also allows for extracting of search results.
- The Notary Public Search remains on the state eLicensing platform.
Below are the data sets offered by the Business Services Division.
Business Data Dashboard - Free
We use the State Open Data Portal (data.ct.gov) to visualize commonly-requested data. These visualizations will grow and improve over time. Please submit a ticket if you have a comment on the visualization or would like to see one that is not offered.
The current visualizations show:
- Business formations and registrations by month for the past 18 months
- All active businesses by business type and citizenship
- All businesses formed last month by type and citizenship
- Map of businesses with Connecticut business addresses
- Active businesses grouped by North American Industry Code standards (NAICS)
- For more information on how NAICS codes are structured, please see the United States Census Bureau's website.
Advanced Data Filtering Tips
The data we publish is the complete Connecticut Business Registry dataset. Here are some tips on filtering it to find what you are looking for.
Finding businesses registered over a time period (e.g., one month).
1. Go to the business master data
2. Choose "filter"
3. Choose "Date_Registration" and the filter "in between"
4. Enter the dates you want to search between. The below example shows all businesses formed in the month of November 2022.
Finding all active businesses in a town
1. Go to the business master data
2. Choose "filter"
3. Choose "Status" "is" and type "ACTIVE"
4. Choose "Add a New Filter Condition"
5. Choose Business_City" "is" and enter the town name you wish to search. The below example shows all active businesses located in Stamford, CT.
Business Entity Database - Free
We no longer charge for access to the business registry database extract. The extract will be posted on the state’s data portal at data.ct.gov as five data sets. The Business Master (Account Object) data set contains the primary information collected for each entity on the Connecticut Business Registry System. The Agent Details, Principal Details, Business Filing Details, and Business Name History object data sets are intended to be subsidiary objects of the Business Master (Account Object) data set. Please see the data sets for more information about the structure and data definitions. Please send questions or requests for additional fields or data definitions to email@example.com.
These data sets will be updated nightly, and each set contains the extract date/time.
Data.ct.gov will be the only source for this data, and we will no longer be posting to Sharepoint or FTP.
This is the master data object for the business details information contained in the Connecticut Business Registry System.
This is the agent details object related to the statutory agents appointed by the businesses reflected on the business master object.
This is the principal details object related to the principals (officers/directors/members/partners) reported by the businesses reflected on the business master object.
This is the business filing detail object reflecting each filing on record for the businesses reflected on the business master object.
This is the business name change history object reflecting business name change activity.
UCC Data - Free
- Our UCC data set has been updated for liens processed through business.ct.gov and will be updated nightly. This data set provides all active UCC liens and other liens filed with our office. "Active" liens are liens that have not lapsed (expired).
UCC Images - $1,000/year
Our UCC subscription service provides copies of all UCC financing statements and amendments filed with our office through access to a Microsoft SharePoint site where the images are extracted from our system of record and exported to SharePoint.
Users with existing access may access these files by going to Documents > Bulk Document Subscription > UCC Filing.
These files will be updated monthly.
To ensure that the records are complete, data will be uploaded each month to include all filings received from the previous two months. For example, the update on September 1st will encompass files from July 1st to July 31st, while the update on October 1st will cover files from August 1st to August 31st.
To request additional access for others in your organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Notary Data - Free
Using the eLicense System, users may search for individual notary records or download a roster of all active or inactive notaries.
- Search eLicense System (choose "Notary Public" from the license type list)
- Roster of all ACTIVE notaries OR INACTIVE notaries (choose "Notary Public Appointees" and select active or inactive)