What are shortage areas?The CT State Department of Education (CSDE) identifies certification shortage areas each year based on the vacancies reported by public school districts.
What shortage areas have been identified for the 2020-21 School year?
The following certification endorsements are identified as shortage areas for the 2020-21 academic year:
- Bilingual Education, PK-12
- Comprehensive Special Education, K-12
- Mathematics, 4-8
- Mathematics, 7-12
- Occupational Subject, Vocational Technical High School
- School Psychologist
- School Library and Media Specialist
- Science, 4-8
- Science, 7-12
- Speech and Language Pathologist
- Technology Education, PK-12
- TESOL, PK-12
- World Languages, 7-12