What are shortage areas?
The CT State Department of Education (CSDE) identifies 10 certification shortage areas each year based on the vacancies reported by public school districts.
What shortage areas have been identified for the 2019-20 School year?
The following certification endorsements are identified as shortage areas for the 2019-20 academic year:
- Bilingual Education, PK-12
- Comprehensive Special Education, K-12
- Mathematics, 7-12
- Occupational Subject, Vocational Technical High School
- School Library and Media Specialist
- Science, 7-12
- Speech and Language Pathologist
- Technology Education, PK-12
- TESOL, PK-12
- World Languages, 7-12