You have a choice about where your child attends school.
The Greater Hartford Regional School Choice Office (RSCO) offers families the power to choose a school or program outside their home district for their child to attend. If you are looking for high quality, unique public school learning opportunities for your child, then the RSCO school choice system is for you!
Did You Know?
- RSCO’s school choice system brings together families from over 40 towns in the Greater Hartford Region in rich and engaging learning environments.
- Research shows that diverse classrooms lead to increased creativity, problem-solving, and critical thinking.
- Learning in a diverse setting reduces anxiety, increases confidence, and promotes leadership skills.
- Choice schools give students the opportunity to drive their learning and pursue their passions!
- Colleges look for applicants who have experience learning in diverse schools.
Find the right school for your family!
Discover the incredible school choice options available in the Greater Hartford Region for families with children entering prekindergarten (age 3) through grade 12.
- Magnet Schools (Interdistrict) (entering grade PK (age 3) through grade 12)
- Open Choice Program (Greater Hartford Region)
- Hartford Residents (entering PK (age 4) through grade 10)
- Suburban residents (entering kindergarten through grade 8)
- Connecticut Technical Education and Career System (CTECS) - Greater Hartford Region (entering grade 9)
- Agricultural Science and Technology Schools (ASTE) - Hartford Residents (entering grade 9)