Area Eligible and Site Eligible School Listings
- Area Eligible Schools: This list includes Connecticut schools with at least 50 percent of children eligible for free and reduced-price meals in the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) school nutrition programs, including the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and School Breakfast Program (SBP). Percentages are calculated annually by the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) based on October data from the previous school year. Area eligible schools are also used in determining if other sites (located in the attendance area of an area eligible school) are eligible to participate in the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), Seamless Summer Option (SSO) of the NSLP, Afterschool Snack Program (ASP), and Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP).
- Site Eligible Schools: This list includes Connecticut schools that are area eligible (at least 50 percent of children eligible for free and reduced-price meals). These schools cannot be used in determining if other sites participate as area eligible sites under the SFSP, SSO, and ASP. As with area eligible schools, percentages are calculated annually by the CSDE based on October data from the previous school year.
- Summer 2022 Alternate Area Eligibility Options
- 2019-20 Area Eligible Schools
- 2021-22 Direct Certification Area Eligibility List coming soon
Fiscal Year 2022 CACFP and SFSP Area Eligibility Data
At the start of every fiscal year, the USDA Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) releases a special tabulation of data provided by the Census Bureau that establishes area eligibility in the CACFP and SFSP. These data are effective as of October 1, 2021. The FNS mapping tools have also been updated to reflect the new data.
- USDA Memo SP 08-2017, CACFP 04-2017 and SFSP 03-2017: Area Eligibility in Child Nutrition Programs