Aquarion Water Company Issues Mandatory Irrigation Ban
Dear Aquarion Customer,
Effective October 14, 2020: In coordination with state and local officials, Aquarion has issued a mandatory irrigation ban in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Stamford, and Westport as southwest Fairfield County hits its third drought trigger this fall.
Turn off irrigation systems and sprinklers for the season
Recent rainfall from Hurricane Delta remnants did little to replenish water supplies. Effective immediately, the ban includes automatic irrigation systems and hose-end sprinklers. As cooler temperatures have arrived, irrigation system use has become unnecessary. Consequently, all Aquarion-issued, irrigation variances are revoked for the season with this ban. Hand-held watering, soaker hose, and drip irrigation continue to be permitted for new plantings.
In addition to Aquarion’s conservation communications program, the company is working with local irrigation professionals to help communicate the irrigation ban to their customers and ensure systems are promptly shut down.
5 ways to save water at home
Aquarion customers are also encouraged to use water more efficiently indoors with the following five tips:
- Turn off the water while lathering up, shaving, or brushing your teeth.
- Minimize baths and the amount of water you use for each. Trim one minute off the length of your showers.
- Wash only full loads in your dishwasher and washing machine.
- Hand wash dishes in a pan or the sink, not under continuous running water.
- Reuse dehumidifier water or use a bucket to capture shower and bath water while you wait for it to warm up; then use the water to water your plants.
Visit www.aquarionwater.com/conserve for additional water conservation tips.
Have a question?
Call us at 1-800-732-9678, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Or visit aquarionwater.com/contact-us