Neglected Cemetery Account Grants
Grantee Reimbursement Process
Towns may submit a reimbursement request to receive their Neglected Cemetery Account Grant funds after a contract has been fully executed and the town has expended the funds it is seeking reimbursement for. Towns will be notified when their contract has been fully executed.
- Once the town has expended funds, a reimbursement request should be submitted on the prescribed form.
- The town may submit no more than two reimbursement requests during the contract period. Reimbursement requests will not be accepted if submitted 60 or more days after the end date of the contract.
- Any unexpended grant funds, or reimbursements not sought within 60 days after the end date of the contract, will be forfeited and placed back in the Neglected Cemetery Account Grant fund for future awards.
- No extensions to the end date of the contract will be granted.
Reimbursements will only be made for allowable costs which are:
- associated with projects for which a contract exists;
- related to the type of work at the specific cemeteries stated in the town’s approved application;
- incurred between the start and end dates of the contract;
- municipal labor only if such labor is performed outside of the course of an employee’s regular duties and/or outside the employee’s regular work schedule;
- reasonable charges associated with the use of town-owned equipment or town services (i.e. fuel for mowers or other similar landscaping equipment; dumping, transfer station or landfill fees) when such charges are directly related to the approved project work; and
- submitted on the prescribed reimbursement form signed by the municipality’s authorized official as designated in the minutes previously submitted to OPM.
Please make sure to complete:
- all blue-shaded cells at the top and bottom of the form;
- cells under the gray column headings; and
- please ensure that the form is signed by the Chief Elected Official or Town Manager, as designated in the minutes previously submitted to OPM.
Please do NOT include copies of checks, receipts or invoices unless specifically requested to do so.
The subject line of the email MUST include your town's name and the words "Neglected Cemetery Reimbursement Request". Submit your required reimbursement documents to: OPM.AP@ct.gov