Since the outbreak of this global health crisis, we have been in constant communication with municipalities, including frequent contact regarding the process and need for information for federal reimbursements.
Based on estimates submitted by municipalities of COVID costs through June 30, 2020, OPM is making available maximum municipal CRF allocations.
The administration has set aside $75 million of the CRF to aid municipalities throughout this crisis, with nearly $40 million of direct costs being reported through June 30. The program will be re-evaluated for expense reimbursements beyond June 30, 2020.
11/02/2020 The March 1 - June 30, 2020 claim period filing deadline is now closed for auditing. Please watch for information on a new claim period.
The Department of the Treasury released updated FAQs for the Coronavirus Relief Fund in the CARES Act. You can access the FAQ sheet on their website along with other related information.
Please note on Page 8 it states that “payments from the Fund may be used to meet the non-federal matching requirements for Stafford Act assistance to the extent such matching requirements entail COVID-19-related costs that otherwise satisfy the Fund’s eligibility criteria and the Stafford Act. Regardless of the use of Fund payments for such purposes, FEMA funding is still dependent on FEMA’s determination of eligibility under the Stafford Act.”
The Federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) includes funds for Connecticut governments to pay costs incurred in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Office of Policy and Management (OPM) has established the Municipal Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) Program to reimburse municipalities for such costs.
- Click this link to review OPM’s 6/4/2020 letter to municipalities. This letter includes information pertaining to:
- Eligible Uses
- Intersection with Other Funding Sources
- Available Funds
- Disbursement of Funds
- Audit Provisions and Documentation
- Attachment A: Potential Municipal COVID-19-Related Expenditures
- Attachment B: Maximum CRF Allocations
- Attachment C: COVID-19-Related Expenditure Reimbursement Certification
- Municipal CRF Program – PowerPoint General Overview
- FEMA -COVID-19 Eligible Emergency Protective Measures Fact Sheet (3.19.20)
- Municipal COVID-19 Funding and Tracking Letter 4.22.20
- Municipal Data Request Letter 4.22.00
- Municipal Data Estimates by Town (revised 10/31/20)
- CT Division of Emergency Management and Homeland Security(DEMHS) – FEMA Assistance
- Municipal Chief Financial Officer Portal Demonstration video
- Municipal CRF Program Claim Instructions (PDF)
- Municipal Chief Executive Officer Presentation (PDF) 5.11.20
- Municipal Chief Executive Officer Video 5.11.20
- Municipal CRF Program Q&A 10.09.20
- Municipal CRF Program and Portal Instruction Review Session 10.14.20
- You may apply for your CRF Municipal Claim via the OPM application portal. Note that required file uploads must be in PDF format.