Since the outbreak of this global health crisis, we have been in constant communication with municipalities, including frequent contact regarding the process and need for information for federal reimbursements. The administration has set aside $75 million of the CRF to aid municipalities throughout this crisis.
Please be advised that provisions under H.R. 133 - An Act to promote economic partnership and cooperation between the United States and Mexico have extended the date by which you are able to make expenditures with CARES Act Coronavirus Relief Funds to December 31, 2021. This applies to the funds received under the Municipal CRF Program. It is up to the municipality how you reflect the accounting of this funding.
H.R. 133 - An Act to promote economic partnership and cooperation between the United States and Mexico
Division M – Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021
Title X – Miscellaneous
Sec. 1001. Coronavirus Relief Fund Extension.
Extends the date by which state and local governments much make expenditures with CARES Act Coronavirus Relief Fund awards from December 30, 2020 to December 31, 2021.
July 1 – December 30, 2020 Claim Period:
- OPM’s December 16, 2020 Letter to Municipalities
- Population Formula Town by Town List
Note: Actual municipal claims reported for the June 30th period were significantly lower than originally estimated. This period utilizes a population formula methodology which is more favorable to many municipalities and allows for a direct allocation versus reimbursement process.
- Portal Instructions (Municipal CRF Portal Instructions)
The Federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) includes funds for Connecticut governments to pay costs incurred in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Office of Policy and Management (OPM) has established the Municipal Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) Program to reimburse municipalities for such costs.
- OPM’s 6/4/2020 Letter to Municipalities
- Municipal CRF Program – PowerPoint General Overview
- FEMA -COVID-19 Eligible Emergency Protective Measures Fact Sheet (3.19.20)
- Municipal COVID-19 Funding and Tracking Letter 4.22.20
- Municipal Data Request Letter 4.22.00
- Municipal Data Estimates by Town (revised 10/31/20)
- CT Division of Emergency Management and Homeland Security(DEMHS) – FEMA Assistance
- Municipal Chief Financial Officer Portal Demonstration video
- Municipal CRF Program Claim Instructions (PDF)
- Municipal Chief Executive Officer Presentation (PDF) 5.11.20
- Municipal Chief Executive Officer Video 5.11.20
- Municipal CRF Program Q&A 10.09.20
- Municipal CRF Program and Portal Instruction Review Session 10.14.20
- You may apply for your CRF Municipal Claim via the OPM application portal. Note that required file uploads must be in PDF format.