• How can I figure out how to feed my family healthful foods on a lower budget?
    USDA provides several resources to help you prepare healthy meals on a low budget:
    The SNAP Recipe Finder helps you create cookbooks and shopping lists. Use it to search for recipes based on total cost or cost per serving.
  • How do I check the balance for my SNAP benefits to know how much I have?
    Different States offer different ways to check your balance. However, a couple of easy ways are:
    • Set up or use your MyAccount an account on MyDSS where you can see your balance in real-time.
    • Check the SNAP balance on your last grocery receipt.
    • If your State provides information for your SNAP account on-line, sign in and check your balance on-line.
    • Call your State’s EBT customer service number. Customer service numbers for clients are located in the left column of the chart.
    • Call the toll-free number on the back of your EBT card.
  • How will I be notified of a change in my SNAP benefits?
    Answer: You will be notified by your State. You may also hear about these changes via the news, posters in local offices, or from retailers where you shop with your SNAP benefits. You might also get a notice in the mail about the changes to your case.
  • What is MyDSS and how do I use it?

    MyDSS is a new online portal that is easier to use on a mobile phone. You can log in with your MyAccount username and password,, the same username and password works on MyDSS and ConneCT

    On MyDSS you can do many things, such as:

    • Renew your benefits
    • Check the balance of your EBT card in real-time
    • Report any changes
    • Take pictures of documents with your phone to submit
    • See when documents you sent to DSS online were received & processed
    • See notices that were mailed to you
  • How can I reach DSS by phone?

    You can call the DSS Benefits Center at (855) 626-6632 between 7:30am-4:30pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. We do not pick up calls on Wednesdays.

    If you are waiting more than 2 minutes on the phone, you may be offered a call back. The system will ask if you want us to call you as soon as staff are available or you can pick a time to get a call in the next 7 days. We do not call back if you have a question about the status of your benefits or forms - please stay on the line or try calling another time. 

  • How do I get my current benefit letter?

    The fastest way to get your current benefit letter is online through your MyAccount on MyDSS. You can print out this letter once you have it. For help, watch this video in English or este vídeo en Español.

    If you are unable to get the letter online, you can also get a copy of your current benefit letter by calling the DSS Benefits Center at (855) 626-6632 between 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM or go to a DSS field office from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. The Benefits Center and DSS Field Offices are only open on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.

  • When will I get my extra COVID SNAP money?
    Answer: Extra COVID SNAP money (also known as “emergency allotments”) ended for everyone in February 2023. The last extra amount of money was added to EBT cards on February 15, 2023. To learn more, go to: www.ct.gov/snap/extracovidbenefits
  • When will I get my Pandemic EBT money?
    Answer: We are still determining our plans for the Pandemic EBT program (P-EBT). This program gives extra money for food for families with school-aged children. We will notify you when a plan has been set. For the most up-to-date information, go to: https://portal.ct.gov/p-ebt
  • What should I do if I lost or never got my renewal forms in the mail?

    The best way is to complete your renewal forms online now through your MyAccount on MyDSS or ConneCT.

    If you prefer to do your renewal on paper, you can ask for an additional copy to be mailed to you by either calling the DSS Benefits Center at (855) 626-6632 between 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM or going to a DSS field office from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. The Benefits Center and DSS Field Offices are only open on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.

  • How do I reset my password for MyAccount?

    If you forgot or lost your password, call (877) 874-1612.

    You can change your password anytime by logging into your MyAccount on MyDSS or ConneCT. Once you are logged in, click on “Manage MyAccount.” In the “Change Password” section, you will need to enter your old password and your new password. You will get a confirmation message that your password has been changed.

  • How do I update my address or phone number with DSS?

    Go online to your MyAccount on MyDSS or ConneCT to update your information. If you need help, watch this video in English or este vídeo en Español.

    Please update your information as soon as possible. DSS will use the information on your MyAccount to contact you, such as mailing you important information like changes to your benefits or your renewal forms and text messaging you reminders and updates about your case. 

  • What do I do if I get a text message with the wrong name?
    Answer: If you get a text message with the wrong name, this might be because someone else listed your phone number as their contact information on their file. If we are texting the wrong number, simply reply to the message with either OptOutSNAP or STOP. You should get a text message confirming that you will not receive any future messages from DSS at that phone number.
  • ¿Cómo puedo recibir ayuda en español?
    Answer: DSS ofrece formularios en inglés y en español. DSS también tiene servicios de interpretación y traducción gratuitos para cualquier persona que se comunica con DSS o solicita beneficios. Llame a la Línea de Información al Cliente y al Centro de Beneficios del DSS al: 1 (855) 626-6632, y oprima 2 para español.

    Si necesita más ayuda, también puede comunicarse con una organización comunitaria que puede ayudarle en español, como
    EndHunger (Contra el Hambre) CT: 1 (866) 974-SNAP (7627)