How can I figure out how to feed my family healthful foods on a lower budget?
Answer:USDA provides several resources to help you prepare healthy meals on a low budget:
The SNAP Recipe Finder helps you create cookbooks and shopping lists. Use it to search for recipes based on total cost or cost per serving.
- 10-Tips Nutrition Series Opens in a new window
- ChooseMyPlate.gov Opens in a new window
- Plan, Compare and Prepare Opens in a new window
- Eat Right When Money’s Tight Opens in a new window
How do I check the balance for my SNAP benefits to know how much I have?
Answer:Different States offer different ways to check your balance. However, a couple of easy ways are:
- Check the SNAP balance on your last grocery receipt.
- If your State provides information for your SNAP account on-line, sign in and check your balanceon-line.
- Call your State’s EBT customer service number. Customer service numbers for clients arelocated in the left column of the chart
- Call the toll-free number on the back of your EBT card.
How will I be notified of a change in my SNAP benefits?
Answer: You will be notified by your State. You may also hear about these changes via the news, posters in local offices, or from retailers where you shop with your SNAP benefits. You might also get a notice in the mail about the changes to your case.