Storage and Handling
Step Five - Storage and Handling
You must complete the requirements listed below and attend a Storage and Handling Assessment Session to receive vaccines. You will receive an invitation to register for a live session after you complete enrollment. Two sessions are held each week. Click here for the training schedule.
- Complete and return the CoVP Storage and Handling Readiness Checklist 1/26/21. The items listed below are included in the checklist but are also listed here for your awareness:
- Read the COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Manual (CT DPH) 3/2/21. You agreed to comply with this manual when you signed to provider agreement at enrollment.
- Complete the COVID-19 Vaccine Training Module for Healthcare Providers (CDC) This new web-on-demand module is for healthcare providers who will be administering COVID-19 vaccine. The training includes information about COVID-19 vaccine EUAs, vaccine safety, and general information about vaccine storage, handling, administration, and reporting.
- Complete the Emergency Vaccine Storage Backup Plan Template (CT DPH) 1/31/21
Other materials to assist you
- Vaccine Storage and Handling Resources (CDC) Proper vaccine storage and handling practices play a very important role in protecting individuals and communities from vaccine-preventable diseases. Vaccine quality is the shared responsibility of everyone, from the time vaccine is manufactured until it is administered. You may sign up for email updates anytime the toolkit is updated.
- Vaccine Storage and Handling Kit-COVID-19 Vaccine Addendum (CDC) 11/20/20
- Mandatory Storage and Handling Update (CT DPH 27 min video) 12/30/20
- Storage Unit Dimensions (DPH) 11/6/2020 Guidance on how much vaccine can fit in a storage unit
- Guidance for Planning Vaccination Clinics Held at Satellite, Temporary, or Off-Site Locations (CDC)
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine Storage and Handling Summary (CDC)
- Dry ice safety (CDC)
- Product Information Guide for COVID-19 Vaccines and Ancillary Kits/Associated Products (CDC) 5/25/21
Transport of Vaccines
- Vaccine Storage for Transport (DPH)
- Redistribution Guidance for Moderna Vaccine 12/27/20
- Redistribution Considerations for Pfizer & BioNTech's COVID-19 Vaccine (Pfizer) 12/22/20