Programs and Treatment Division
24 Wolcott Hill Road
Wethersfield, CT 06109
Phone: (860) 692-7494
Fax: (860) 692-7495
Director: Karl Lewis
This Division provides a wide range of offender programming as well as overseeing the agency's inmate classification system and population management.
Through education, substance abuse treatment, recreation, religious and volunteer service programs, inmates gain opportunities for positive change and successful reintegration into the community following discharge.
- Unified School District #1 offers instruction ranging from high school equivalency and English as a second language, to special education and technical, trade, vocation, and post-secondary opportunities.
- The Division also oversees inmate programmatic functions. Addiction Services counselors promote recovery and counter relapse through four levels of treatment.
- Chaplains supply inmates with the opportunity to practice their beliefs.
- The division's Offender Classification and Population Management Unit is also responsible for assessing, classifying, and assigning offender risk levels.
- The agency's extensive corps of volunteers, which augments and enhances correctional staff, is overseen through this Division.
- This Division is also responsible coordinating the interstate transfer of inmates.