New Haven Correctional Center Visiting Policies
- Visits must be prescheduled using the online Visit Request form. You must be on the inmate’s approved visiting list in order to schedule a visit.It may take up to 72 hours for your request to be processed, please do not submit multiple requests.
- Visits are limited to 30 minutes, and inmates are limited to one visit per week.
- In-person visits are limited to two (2) people, including children.
- Video visits are limited to three (3) adults; any children in the household may participate but they must be supervised by an adult who is on the inmate’s visiting list.
- Visitors must arrive/sign in 15 minutes prior to the start of the scheduled visit.
- Visits are subject to cancellation due to facility needs.If your visit is canceled please submit an online request and we will do our best to accommodate ASAP.
- There are no visits on State Holidays (New Year’s day, Martin Luther King Day, Lincoln’s Birthday, Washington’s Birthday, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- Acceptable Identification:Valid Photo Driver’s License, Valid Official passport, Valid Photo ID issued by CT DMV.Any other photo identification must be accompanied by both a Birth Certificate (with a Raised Seal) and a Social Security Card.No exceptions to these identification requirements.