Transmittal of Documents
The Remediation Division, LUST Coordination Program, and PCB Program have created a multi-programmatic approach to assist in document submittal. The Remediation Division and LUST Coordination Program are now accepting specific types of documents electronically through the Connecticut Secure File Transfer (SFT) website. The types of documents that may be submitted electronically are listed below with the instructions and form for electronic transmittal. Documents that are not identified as being acceptable for electronic submittal should be submitted in hardcopy, using the Hardcopy Document Transmittal Form, as described in the instructions below.
All electronic transmittals must have the Electronic Document Transmittal Form as the cover page of the document. Please do not submit a paper copy of an electronically submitted document. If a LUST document has been submitted through EZFile, do not submit it through SFT.
- 20 Day Spill Report (CAR)
- 45 Day Spill Report (CAR)
- Corrective Action Plan (CAP)
- Environmental Site Assessment (ESA)
- Free Product Removal Report (CAR)
- Groundwater Monitoring Report (GWMR)
- Operation & Maintenance Plan (RAR)
- Phase I Site Assessment Report (ESA)
- Phase II Investigation Report (ESA)
- Phase III Investigation Report (ESA)
- Remedial Action Plan (RAP)
- Remedial Action Report (RAR)
- Remedial Design Report (RAR)
- Site Characterization Report (ESA)
- Schedule (SCH)
- Scope of Work (SOW)
- Site Status Report (SSR)
- Soil Excavation Report (CAR)
- Subsurface Investigation Report (ESA)
- Supplemental Phase I Site Assessment Report (ESA)
- Supplemental Phase II Investigation Report (ESA)
- Supplemental Phase III Investigation Report (ESA)
- Tank Closure Assessment Report/UST Closure Report (CR) .
- Well Receptor Survey (SRS)
Remediation Program documents accepted through SFT:
- Annual Report
- Completion of InvestigationReport
- Covenant Not to Sue
- ECO Checklist
- Ecological Risk Assessment or Sediment Submittal
- Inspection Report
- Investigation Report
- Monitoring Report
- Operation & Maintenance Plan
- Operation & Maintenance Report
- Phase 1 Report
- Phase 1 SOW
- Phase 2 Report
- Phase 2 SOW
- Phase 3 Report
- Phase 3 SOW
- Public Notice of RAP
- Receptor Survey
- Remedial Action Plan (RAP)
- Remedial Action Report (RAR)
- Remedial Design Report
- Request for Alternative Means of Demonstrating Compliance
- Request for Criteria for Additional Polluting Substances or Alternative Criteria
- Request for Engineered Control
- Request for Exemption from Volatilization Criteria by Demonstrating no Building can be Constructed
- Request for Indoor Air Monitoring Plan
- Request for Reuse of Polluted Soil
- Request for Schedule Extension
- Request for Variance Due to GW Technical Impracticability
- Request for Widespread Polluted Fill Variance
- SEH Additional Action Plan
- SEH Abatement Plan
- SEH Initial Action Report
- SEH Notification
- SEH Status Update: Drinking Water and Groundwater
- SEH Status Update: Soil
- SEH Supplemental Data Report
- SEH Well Inventory Report
- SLERA Risk Assessment Report
- Subsurface Investigation Report
- Summary Report
- Target Brownfield Remedy Checklist
- Verification 133y
- Verification - Final
- Verification – Portion
- Verification – Supporting Form IV
- Verification – Interim
- Verification – Portion Interim
- Verification – Release Area
Prior to uploading the electronic document:
Email DEEP.email@example.com to obtain a login password.
This password will be used for all future uploads.
If at some point your password does not work, please email DEEP.firstname.lastname@example.org because the password may have changed for security purposes.
Download the Electronic Document Transmittal Form and follow all instructions on the transmittal form.
- The first page of the Electronic Transmittal Form must be embedded as the first page of the electronic document prior to uploading.
- Each electronic document must be named per the Electronic Transmittal Form’s specific instructions and saved as a PDF/A.
Secure File Transfer (SFT) instructions:
- Go to the Connecticut Secure File Transfer (SFT) website (https://sft.ct.gov)
Enter username: deepcleanupdocuments (same for all users)
Enter password: (See step 1 above)
Browse for the document(s) to be uploaded. (Please confirm the transmittal form is embedded as the first page of each document and the file name is correct.)
Select the document(s) to be uploaded and then select Upload File.
If you experience problems with the SFT website or uploading a document, please view our Electronic Transmittal FAQs below or call 860-424-3705 for Remediation documents and 860-424-3376 for LUST documents.
Do not submit a paper copy of an electronically submitted document. The Hardcopy Document Transmittal Form is to be used as a cover page for documents submitted in the following instances:
- If documents are not included in the above list of accepted electronic documents;\
- If there is no form already prescribed by the Commissioner for Remediation Program submittals; or
- If the document pertains to the PCB Program or the Significant Environmental Hazard Program.
Why do I need to email DEEP.email@example.com for a password?
By emailing DEEP.firstname.lastname@example.org, DEEP can maintain a list of all Remediation/LUST users of the SFT website. Occasionally, the SFT website may be down for maintenance, and DEEP may need to notify all users.
What if my password does not work?
DEEP may have changed the password for security purposes and another password can be obtained by emailing DEEP.email@example.com.
Note: This email address is only to be used to obtain a Remediation/LUST password for the SFT website. Questions sent to that email address will not receive a response.
How do I access these electronic documents once they are uploaded?
Once the documents are uploaded onto the SFT website, they are then indexed and transferred to DEEP FileNet. After DEEP staff indexes and transfers the documents, they will be available on the Document Online Search Portal and electronically through the terminals located in the DEEP File Room (see webpage for hours or operation)
How do I receive technical assistance for uploading a document?
For LUST uploads, please direct all questions to the LUST case manager for the site or call the LUST Program’s Main Line at (860) 424-3376.
For Remediation uploads, please direct all questions to the DEEP supervisor for the district in which your site is located Remediation Division Contacts.
Content last updated May 15, 2020