Voluntary Remediation ProgramsThere are two voluntary remediation programs in Connecticut under Connecticut General Statutes (CGS) sections 22a-133x and 22a-133y. Both programs are an elective process for property owners who wish to expedite the remediation of polluted property, thus enabling them the advantage of a remediated site should they ever decide to sell the property. Effective October 1, 2009, the Voluntary Remediation Program under CGS section 22a-133x is available to any person for any site. In order to be eligible under CGS section 22a-133y, real property which has been subject to a spill must be located in an area where the groundwater is classified as GB or GC and the site must not be subject to any order, consent order or stipulated judgment issued by the Commissioner of the Department of Energy & Environmental Protection regarding such spill.
- Electronic Document Transmittal Form - must be the cover page for all Remediation documents uploaded into the Connecticut Secure File Transfer (SFT) website.
- Environmental Condition Assessment Form and Instructions
- Voluntary Remediation Verification Forms
- Completion of Investigation Transmittal Form and Instructions
- Transmittal of Documents - Instructions and forms for electronic and hardcopy submittals.
Content Last Updated January 19, 2022