Proposed Amendments to the Remediation Standard Regulations and Environmental Use Restriction Regulations
Current StatusThe proposed amendments to the regulations were adopted on February 16, 2021. DEEP would like to thank all who have submitted comments, both formally and informally, which have significantly helped to shape and improve the final regulations. Remediation Standard Regulations
Public Comment Documents and Summary
- RSRs - Response to Key Comments
- RSRs eRegulation - Regulation Making Webpage
- Red-Line/[Blue-Line] version of Proposed Remediation Standard Regulations (updated after public comments)- This document contains deleted/moved language in bracketed blue text and added/moved language in underlined red text. This version of the Revised RSRs is unofficial and made available for the convenience of the reader. Accompanying this document is the Alternative Groundwater Protection Criteria Map in GIS format. This version of the Revised RSRs is unofficial and made available for the convenience of the reader.
- Summary of Changes – This document summarizes the major changes made in the 2019 proposed RSRs, and the page numbers listed accompany the original Red-Line/[Blue-Line] version of the proposed RSRs.
- Table of Contents to the Proposed Amendments to the RSRs and the Red-Line/[Blue-Line] version.
- EURs –Response to Key Comments
- EURs eRegulation - Regulation Making Webpage
- Proposed Amendments to the Environmental Use Restriction Regulations – These are the 2019 proposed EURs submitted for public notice on September 27, 2019.
Formal Regulatory Adoption Process
- Public Notice of Intent to Secretary of State, beginning the RSRs formal public comment period: July 8, 2019
- Public Hearing: September 25, 2019
- Public Notice of Intent to Secretary of State, beginning the EURs formal public comment period: September 27, 2019
- Close of 90-day public comment period: 5:00 pm, October 7, 2019
- Close of 45-day public comment period for EURs and RSRs/EUR interface: 5:00 pm, November 12, 2019
- Hearing Officer’s Report - RSRs: July 23, 2020
- Hearing Officer’s Report - EURs: July 23, 2020
- DEEP notification to all interested parties of availability of final wording: July 23, 2020
- Final proposed regulations to Attorney General for Legal Sufficiency approval: August, 14, 2020, October 30, 2020, & December 28, 2020
- Legislative Regulation Review Committee (LRRC) holds meeting on regulatory amendments per CGS section 4-170: October 27, 2020, November 24, 2020, and January 26, 2021
- After approval of LRRC, regulations filed with Secretary of State per CGS section 4-172: February 8, 2021
- Publication of regulations on the Connecticut eRegulations System: February 16, 2021
Additional InformationWave 2 discussion documents and the Risk-Based Decision Making Recommendations are on the Wave 2 Revision Concepts and History webpage.
Content last updated February 26, 2021