Connecticut Interagency PFAS Task Force
The finalized PFAS Action Plan has been released by the Office of the Governor.
On November 4, 2019, Governor Ned Lamont officially released the finalized PFAS Action Plan prepared by the Connecticut Interagency Task Force. The plan recommends a comprehensive series of actions that the State could carry out to address per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) in Connecticut.
During the public comment period following the release of the Draft PFAS Action Plan on October 1, 2019, over 400 public comments were received. After review and careful consideration of each comment, the draft plan was revised, where appropriate, to reflect public input and was delivered to Governor Lamont on November 1, 2019.
Now available for download:per- and polyfluorinated alkyl substances (PFAS), Governor Ned Lamont established the Connecticut Interagency PFAS Task Force on July 8, 2019. This Task Force, which is led by the Department of Public Health (DPH) and Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) and contains representatives from a broad variety of state agencies, is tasked with delivering a PFAS Action Plan to Governor Lamont by November 1, 2019. This Action Plan will contain a comprehensive strategy to:
- Minimize human health risk for Connecticut residents,
- Minimize future releases of PFAS to the environment, and
- Identify, assess, and clean up historic releases of PFAS to the environment.
These Committees welcomed participation from all interested stakeholders.
Task Force Timeline
The Interagency PFAS Task Force was established by Governor Ned Lamont on July 8, 2019.
Presentations were posted to this web page following each Task Force meeting.
September 18, 2019 - Task Force Meeting
August 28, 2019 - Task Force Meeting
PFAS Interagency Task Force Meeting - August 28, 2019
July 30, 2019 - Task Force Kick-Off Meeting
Task Force Webinars
Agencies and Entities in the Interagency PFAS Task Force
- Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (Commissioner Katie Dykes, Task Force co-chair)
- Department of Public Health (Commissioner Renée Coleman-Mitchell, Task Force co-chair)
- Office of the Governor
- Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection
- Connecticut Airport Authority
- Office of the Attorney General
- Office of Planning and Management
- Department of Transportation
- Public Utilities Regulatory Authority
- Department of Consumer Protection
- Connecticut Military
- Department of Correction
- Department of Administrative Services
- Connecticut State Colleges and Universities
- University of Connecticut
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Developmental Services
- Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station
PFAS Resources and Documents
- Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC) - Environmental Risk Assessment of PFAS - Abstract Book (August 2019)
- SETAC Poster Presentations (August 2019)
- DEEP Presentation - Public Information Session firefighting Foam Release to the Farmington River (July 2, 2019)
- Windsor Climate Action Presentation - Farmington River Firefighting Foam Discharge (July 2, 2019)
- Vermont Agency of Natural Resources - Perfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) Statewide Sampling Plan (June 2019)
- Washington Department of Ecology and Department of Health - Interim Chemical Action Plan for Per- and Polyfluorinated Alkyl Substances (January 2019)
- Michigan PFAS Science Advisory Panel's Scientific Evidence and Recommendations for Managing PFAS Contamination in Michigan (December 7, 2018)
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) - PFAS Usage (February 13, 2018)