STEPS is Sustainable, Transparent and Efficient Practices for Solar DevelopmentTo advance the Governor's Council on Climate Change (GC3) and Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) recommendations, DEEP is convening a stakeholder engagement process on Sustainable, Transparent and Efficient Practices (STEPs) for Solar Development to identify policies, legislative actions, and best practices, particularly related to the procurement, siting, and permitting of ground-mounted solar systems in Connecticut, to achieve the following tentative objectives.
- Ensure that new solar generation projects can be sited and built in a predictable, efficient, and transparent manner;
- Include consideration of local laws concerning zoning, the environment or public health and safety;·
- Avoid, or minimize and mitigate, to the maximum extent practicable, adverse impacts on the environment, agricultural, and natural resources;·
- Promote equity and environmental justice through community engagement; and
- Ensure that state and/or ratepayer-supported procurements align with the objectives, above.
Scoping Meetings:June 16, 2021 Scoping Meeting Updates and Materials:
Scoping Meeting Power Point Presentation
June 16, 2021 Scoping Meeting Recording and Unofficial Transcript July 19, 2021 Scoping Meeting Updates and Materials:
Please note: new extended deadline for written comments is Monday, July 26, 2021; and new email address submittal: DEEP.STEPS@ct.gov
Scoping Meeting Notice for July 19, 2021
Spanish Scoping Meeting Notice for July 19, 2021
Scoping Meeting Presentation for July 19, 2021
Spanish Scoping Meeting Presentation for July 19, 2021
July 19 2021 Scoping Meeting Recording and Unofficial Transcript July 20th, 2021 SCEF and STEPS Bid Preference Public Meeting Updates and Materials:
Scoping Meeting Presentation for July 20, 2021
Spanish Scoping Meeting Presentation for July 20, 2021
July 20, 2021 SCEF and STEPS Bid Preference Public Meeting Recording and Unofficial Transcript
Download the Solar Siting and Permitting Engagement Notice Download the Scoping Meeting Reference Sheet
Written Comments:All materials submitted by stakeholders and any future updates and information on this stakeholder engagement process will be posted on this DEEP webpage. Any questions may be directed to 860-424-3003 or preferably via e-mail at DEEP.STEPS@ct.gov.
Sign up to receive email updates to stay up-to-date on STEPS to Solar Development.
Content last updated in September 8, 2021.