CT Outdoor Guide Books
Fishing, Hunting, Trapping, and BoatingBeing a responsible user of the Connecticut outdoors means staying informed of, and complying with, the current laws and regulations.
Connecticut DEEP's outdoor field guides make it easy to find and follow the laws and regulations that apply to you. And now, Connecticut's Fishing and Hunting Guides are online in an easy-to-use ebook version. The digital formats will allow you to quickly check a regulation, confirm legal hunting hours, look up best practices and more – from anywhere, anytime. Stay tuned! Printed hunting and fishing guides will be scaled back and available in limited quantities (learn more).
Visit our Online Outdoor Licensing System to purchase licenses, permits, and stamps, and check hunter safety and boating certifications.
Connecticut Fishing Guide
- ebook version of the Freshwater Fishing Guide or 2023 Fishing Guide as a PDF
- ebook version of the Saltwater Fishing Guide or summary sheet for recreational fishing regulations
- Changes to Inland Sportfishing Regulations (12/27/2022)
- CT Fishing main webpage
2023 Connecticut Hunting and Trapping Guide
- ebook version of the 2023 Hunting and Trapping Guide
- Downloadable PDF of the 2023 Hunting and Trapping Guide
- Downloadable PDF of the 2023-Guía-de-caza-y-captura-de-Connecticut
- 2023 Season Summary Quick Reference
- Deer and Turkey Private Land Consent Form
- 2023 Deer/Turkey Harvest Tags
- Tagging and Reporting Deer/Turkey Harvests
- 2023 Public Hunting Area List (Includes information on type of hunting permitted, town, acreage, and any special conditions.)
- Public Hunting Area Maps
- 2023 Sunrise/Sunset Table
- Hunting and Trapping Information
- Pheasant Hunting
- Online Hunter Reporting
- Private Land Consent Form for Trapping
- CT Hunting and Trapping main webpage
2022-2023 Connecticut Migratory Bird Hunting Guide
- ebook version of the 2022-2023 Connecticut Migratory Bird Hunting Guide
- Downloadable PDF of the 2022-2023 Connecticut Migratory Bird Hunting Guide
- Synopsis of Federal Migratory Bird Hunting Regulations
Other Related Information
- State Parks and Forests
- Trout Stocking Maps
- Trout Stocking Report
- Public Hunting Area Maps and Information
- Hunting Roadmaps
- FAQs About Hunting
- Outdoor Safety Tips
- Registered Hunting and Fishing Guide List
- Snapping Turtle Harvest Regulations
In 2020, we printed over 200,000 fishing and hunting guides, of which very few were distributed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Many outdoor users learned how to use the DEEP website to find their information. With over 70% of the U.S. population currently using smartphones, our agency's mission clearly directed us to make a shift to reduce waste. And, while we are still printing some fishing and hunting guides (available at most town clerks, DEEP offices, and license agent locations in limited quantities), we are asking you to do your part and make use of the convenient and responsible digital options.
Content last updated in January 2023.