Partnerships & Collaboration
The State of Connecticut is focused on supporting and expanding defense technology research, development, and production capabilities within the state. To facilitate this growth, the state has assembled the Connecticut Defense Manufacturing Community Consortium (CDMCC).
The CDMCC is responsible for fostering collaboration and accelerating the digital transformation of Connecticut’s Defense Manufacturing Community (DMC) members.
The CDMCC, comprised of representatives from key OEMs, industry suppliers, educational institutions, and public/private organizations, is led by Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD) and overseen by the State of Connecticut’s Chief Manufacturing Officer.
- Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD) Coordinate efforts among OEMs, supply chain companies, and other members
- Connecticut Office of Military Affairs Interface with DoD
- Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology (CCAT) Lead the technical efforts of the project, including the introduction of Model Based Definition (MBD) to supply chain companies
- CONNSTEP Conduct supplier assessment and lead efforts to develop and implement the creation of the project’s Digital Playbook
- Governor’s Workforce Council Improve Connecticut’s education and training ecosystem and ensure high-quality and affordable training and education
- Central Connecticut State University Partner with MxD to develop and implement pilot curricula for participating supply chain companies
- University of Connecticut (UCONN) Performs DoD-related research
Original Equipment Manufacturers
- Pratt & Whitney design, manufacture, and maintenance of world-class jet engines (e.g., F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, F-22 Raptor, B-52 bomber)
- Sikorsky Aircraft global leader in vertical lift aircraft (e.g., Black Hawk, CH-53K, Seahawk, Future Vertical Lift)
- Electric Boat design, construction, and lifecycle support of submarines for the U.S. Navy (e.g. Virginia Class and Columbia Class submarines)
Manufacturing and Supply Chain Support
- Aerospace Components Manufacturers (ACM) Network of independent aerospace companies with 113 members, representing more than 10,000 employees
- Naval & Maritime Consortium (N&MC) Connecticut-based undersea and maritime supply chain professional and economic development organization with approximately 100 members
- MxD Manufacturing Spearhead workforce development efforts and equip suppliers with digital manufacturing tools and expertise to improve quality and delivery metrics