Connecticut’s Hemp Pilot Program: Manufacturing
The Department of Consumer Protection (“DCP”) regulates the manufacturing of hemp products for human consumption, and licenses businesses and individuals that participate in those activities.
The Department of Agriculture (“DoAG”) licenses growers and processors of hemp. More information about DoAG’s portions of this program can be found by visiting their website here.
Manufacturer of Hemp Consumables License
- The application for manufacturers of hemp consumables is accessible online. To access the application, visit elicense.ct.gov and create an account. The application can be found under the Drug Control group.
- There is an initial non-refundable application fee of $50.00.
This license expires biennially on June 30th, and has a non-refundable renewal fee of $250.00.
- Hemp Manufacturing Testing Requirements
- More information can be found by downloading our Hemp Manufacturing Frequently Asked Questions.
- Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
- Other credentials that may be required are Manufacturer of Electronic Cigarettes, Manufacturer of Cosmetics, or a credential with the Food Division.