Search Department of Consumer Protection Filtered Topic Search

New Home Contractor

New home contractors in Connecticut must be registered with the Department of Consumer Protection.The registration period is for two years, beginning October 1st of the registration year and expiring September 30th  two years later. 

Complaints against new home builders are handled by the Department of Consumer Protection. Complaints must be submitted to the agency in writing.

Department of Consumer Protection
Trade Practices Division
165 Capitol Avenue 
Hartford, CT 06106

Phone: 860-713-6110