Mission Statement: To promote learning, school success and personal fulfillment for children and young people whose life experiences have included trauma, family disruption or involvement with the juvenile justice system.
Contact USD 2 Staff
Contact Regional Education Services Staff
Connecticut Child Justice Foundation (CCJF)
Connecticut's Policy for a Drug-Free Workplace
List of Superintendent Contact numbers
SDE Code of Ethics
- Why do people, including students, do the things that they do?
- How can we motivate our students to work hard in school?
- Click here to join a conversation with Connecticut educators on these and other topics related to school success.
- Empowerment: We will make every effort to persuade you that you are a powerful, self-directed learner who is capable of setting the course for your own education, growth and happiness.
- Literacy: If reading is a challenge for you, we will provide you with a high quality literacy program that identifies the obstacles that have impeded your reading performance in the past and sets you on a course to reading success. If you are an accomplished reader, we will provide you with opportunities to use your reading skills to explore the world of human knowledge and imagination.
- Success Planning: We will engage you in a process of thoughtful exploration and reflection through which you will create a personal plan for future educational and career success.
- The Common Core Standards: We will provide you with an engaging program of instruction consistent with the Common Core Standards in all of the subject areas required by the State of Connecticut.
- Be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about what we teach;
- Be active learners ourselves;
- Provide you with a clear description of what we expect you to learn and what “quality work” looks like;
- Expect you to do well;
- Check to make sure that you understand what we are teaching;
- Provide you with regular information about your progress and academic standing;
- Ask for your ideas about how our classes might be improved and how you might learn more;
- Provide extra help when you need it;
- Treat you with care and respect; and……..
- Celebrate your success!