Everyone 5 years and older should receive one updated (bivalent) booster shot.
- You are eligible for a updated (bivalent) booster if you:
- Are 5+ years or older and have completed your primary series or an original (monovalent) booster.
- People who have gotten more than one original (monovalent) booster are also recommended to get an updated (bivalent) booster.
- When to get your booster:
- If it has been at least 2 months since your last COVID-19 dose, whether that was your final primary series dose or an original (monovalent) booster dose.
- Which booster should you get?
- If you are 5 years old: Pfizer
- If you are 6+ years or older: Either Pfizer orModerna
Novavax booster: You may get a monovalent Novavax booster if you are unable or unwilling to receive a Pfizer or Moderna updated (bivalent) COVID-19 booster and you meet the following requirements:
- You are 18 years of age or older
- You completed a COVID-19 vaccine primary series at least 6 months ago
- You have not gotten any other booster dose
You can get additional information on when you should receive your booster on the CDC Find out when to get a booster site.