No, you are not required to get your second dose at the same location that you received your first dose. However, it’s encouraged that you receive both doses at the same location so your provider can ensure you’re getting the same vaccine type at the correct time. Additionally, second doses are automatically accounted for and sent to the location where your first shot occurred, so you are “guaranteed” your second shot at that location. Switching locations may delay the timing of your second shot appointment.
Do I have to get my second dose at the same location I got my first dose?
Date: July 05, 2021
Read time: 6 minutes
- After Getting Vaccinated
- Boosters & Third Doses
- Children & Teens
- Getting the Vaccine
- Pregnancy & Fertility
- Vaccine Facts
- Vaccine Safety
- Are there walk-up vaccine clinics in Connecticut?
- Can I get free transportation to my vaccine appointment?
- Can I get the vaccine without showing my ID or other state-issued identification?
- Do I have to get my second dose at the same location I got my first dose?
- Do I have to go to the same COVID-19 vaccine provider for my second dose or booster?