How To Apply

Connecticut Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) 

Eligible households can begin submitting applications now. Please visit the Heating Help website to view the online application. The paper application for the joint Energy-Water Assistance Program can be found below.

If you get benefits from the Connecticut Energy Assistance Program, SNAP, TFA, SSI, State Supplement, or Refugee Cash, then you likely meet the income requirements to qualify for water assistance.  

Completed applications must include a copy of your current water/wastewater bill. The bill must be in the name of a household adult or emancipated minor.  Submit your application to your regional Community Action Agency for processing.

CT Energy and Water Assistance Application (2022-2023)