Land Surveying Firms


The practice of land surveying or the offer to practice land surveying in this state by individual licensed land surveyors under a legal entity.



You must be registered with the Secretary of State in Connecticut as a domestic or foreign firm at the time of this application.


Required Documentation:   

A complete Licensee Responsible for Signing and Sealing Form signed by licensee and the firm for each individual.


Ownership Requirements:

  • Limited liability companies must have two-thirds ownership by CT licensed land surveyors.
  • Regular “S” corporations have no license individual ownership requirement.
  • Professional “P” corporation must have two-thirds ownership by CT licensed land surveyors.


Land Surveyor Licensing for Individuals Link


New Application:

  • Legal entities (both in-state and out-of-state) must register their business with the CT Secretary of State’s Office prior to applying.
  • NOTE: The legal entity name you choose should not include reference to services that you are not registered to offer in Connecticut.  For example: ABC Land Surveying and Architecture LLC will not be issued a registration for land surveying without also obtaining a registration for architecture.
  • If your legal entity will provide other services in Connecticut in addition to land surveying like engineering, architecture or landscape architecture, you may wish to apply as a Joint Practice.
  • Application fee of $565.00 is non-refundable.


 amend_online  OR    Land Surveyor Paper Application

Licensee Responsible for Signing and Sealing Form



All firm registrations expire annually.  Annual renewal fee is $375.00.


Online Renewal Link



All firms can reinstate provided their registration has expired for less than 3 years.  Over 3 years would require a new application.


Online Reinstatement Link




Laws and Regulations Link

Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors Licensing Board Link


Email for licensing inquiries:


Back to Licenses, Permits and Registration Forms