What do businesses, other than cannabis retailers and package stores, need to do to continue to sell THC-infused beverages?

Read time: 6 minutes

If you are a business that has THC-infused beverages for retail sale, but are not a licensed cannabis retail establishment or a package store:

  • On May 14, 2024: Count the number of containers you have of THC-infused beverages you have in your possession. This includes all containers on the sales floor and in your business storage space.
  • Example: Four-pack of cans counts as four containers.
  • By June 15, 2024:
  • Report to the Department of Consumer Protection the number of individual containers of THC-infused beverages you counted on May 14, 2024.
  • Pay a $1 fee for each container reported in your count.

To report your inventory and pay your container fee:

  • You must use an existing account or create a new account in eLicense
  • Locate the THCR: THC-Infused Beverage Report in eLicense. Note: The report will not be available for use until May 14, 2024.
  • Report the number of containers of THC-infused beverages from your May 14, 2024 count.
  • Your container fee will be calculated.
  • Pay your fee when submitting your inventory.
  • The inventory and fee must be submitted no later than June 15, 2024.

If you have multiple locations, you must conduct and report a separate inventory for each location.

If you have more than one license for a location (for example, you hold an ENDS Dealer License, Gasoline, and Non-Legend Drug Permit at one location), you only need to report your count and pay the container fee once for that location.

IMPORTANT: Effective July 1, 2024, only cannabis retail establishments and package stores are allowed to sell beverages containing THC.

Hemp, CBD and Other Products Policies Procedures and The Law Licensing Frequently Asked Questions Establishing a Business