Do licensed adult-use cannabis establishments need to submit advertisements to DCP for preapproval?

Read time: 6 minutes

No. Licensees should comply with all advertising requirements and restrictions described in Chapter 420h and the Department of Consumer Protection’s policies and procedures. Please note that cannabis establishments are required to maintain a log of all advertisements which includes a copy of the advertisement, as well as the medium, location, and date range of dissemination. Licensees must also provide the department access to view all social media platforms used by the licensee, and all advertising content on such platforms.

Advertising Licensing Frequently Asked Questions