There will be three (3) taxes on retail sale of cannabis: the state’s usual 6.35 percent sales tax, a 3 percent sales tax dedicated to the city or town where the sale occurs, and a tax based on THC content that will cost approximately 10 to 15 percent of the sale price. In total, the tax rate is expected to be approximately 20 percent of the retail price of cannabis, in line with the tax rates in Massachusetts.
- Are cannabis establishments required to be located a certain distance from any other buildings or businesses, including more than 1,500 feet from a school?
- Are there packaging or labeling standards for CBD and legal Delta products?
- Can I buy or sell products with delta-8-THC or delta-10-THC in Connecticut today?
- Can I give away my inventory of delta-8 products if they have more than 0.3 percent THC on a dry-weight basis?
- Can I purchase hemp products in a dispensary facility without a medical marijuana card?