|Contact: Steve Jensen
|January 27, 2014|
EAST HARTFORD - Lt. Governor Nancy Wyman on Tuesday will co-chair a roundtable discussion on encouraging women to pursue educational and career opportunities in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
The event will be held from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at East Hartford Town Hall, 740 Main Street, Welling Conference Room. It is the first of several planned discussions of issues affecting women co-chaired by Wyman and Teresa Younger, Exec. Dir. of the state Permanent Commission on the Status of Women (PCSW).
Other participants include:
- Carolyn Foston - President of Fairfield County Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- Deborah Kellogg-Van Orden - Fairfield County SWE member
- Christine Stahlecker - Hartford SWE Board member
- Dr. Karen Wosczyna-Birch - CT Community Colleges, College of Technology/Regional Center for Next Generation Manufacturing
- Robin Ann Bienemann, CEO, Crimson Rook/Entrepreneur in Residence at UConn School of Engineering
- Alice Pritchard - E xec. Dir., CT Women's Education and Legal Fund
- Marcia Leclerc - Mayor, East Hartford
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/@LGWyman
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LtGovWyman