|Contact: Steve Jensen
|April 5, 2012|
HARTFORD - The portraits of six Connecticut soldiers killed in the conflict in Afghanistan will be added to the Wall of Honor tribute in the State Capitol complex at the annual addendum ceremony on May 24th.
The public is invited to attend the ceremony, scheduled for 4 p.m. in the Atrium of the Legislative Office Building, 300 Capitol Ave., Hartford. Families of many of the new honorees and of the 56 Connecticut military men and women previously lost in the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan are expected to attend.
In addition to the hanging of photographic portraits of the six new honorees, the names of all service members on the Wall will be read and family members will have the opportunity to give remarks.
Lt. Governor Nancy Wyman created the Wall of Honor in 2007, and it is funded entirely by private donations. Anyone wishing to make a donation may contact Steve Jensen in the Lt. Governor's office at 860-524-7377/860-539-9298 or Steve.Jensen@ct.gov
The six new honorees are:
- Army Spec. Richard C. Emmons, 22, of North Granby. (2011)
- Army Pfc. Eric D. Soufrine, 20, of Woodbridge. (2011)
- Navy SEAL Chief Petty Officer Brian R. Bill, 31, of Stamford. (2011)
- Army Sgt. Edward J. Frank II, 26, of Hartford. (2011)
- Army Staff Sgt. Ari R. Cullers, 28, of Waterford. (2011)
- Army Spec. Dennis Pratt, 34, of Southington. (2009)