|Contact: Steve Jensen
|May 19, 2011|
PUBLIC INVITED TO WALL OF HONOR TRIBUTE TO CONNECTICUT SOLDIERS KILLED IN IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN
Seven New Heroes To Be Honored May 26 At State Capitol
HARTFORD - The public is invited to attend the annual addendum ceremony at the Wall of Honor on Thursday, May 26, when seven Connecticut soldiers killed in the last year will join the 49 heroes previously lost in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The ceremony is scheduled for 4 p.m. in the Atrium of the Legislative Office Building, 300 Capitol Ave., Hartford. Photographs of the seven new honorees will be hung, the names of all soldiers on the Wall will be read, and family members will have the opportunity to give remarks.
Scheduled speakers include Gov. Dannel P. Malloy, Lt. Gov. Nancy Wyman and other officials.
The seven new honorees are:
· Army Staff Sgt. Frank E. Adamski III, Plainfield.
· Army Sgt. Steven DeLuzio, Glastonbury
· Air Force Major Raymond G. Estelle II, New Haven
· Army Spc. David R. Fahey Jr., Norwalk.
· Army Pfc. Gebrah Noonan, Watertown
· Army Sgt. 1st Class Dae Han Park, Watertown
· Army Sgt. Edwin Rivera, Waterford