|Contact: Steve Jensen
|March 21, 2011|
LT. GOVERNOR WYMAN HEADING TO WASHINGTON D.C. FOR NATIONAL LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR'S CONFERENCE
Lt. Governor Nancy Wyman will join more than half of the nation's Lieutenant Governors in Washington D.C. this week for an exchange on the nation's economy sponsored by the National Lieutenant Governors Association (NLGA).
Wyman will be one of 28 lieutenant governors attending the NLGA Federal-State Relations meeting March 23 - 25 at the Westin City Center. Topics include the federal budget, international trade, higher education, health care reform, transportation and energy.
"I am very much looking forward to meeting with other lieutenant governors from both sides of the aisle to discuss how they are dealing with their budgets and other relevant issues in this time of economic recovery," Wyman said. "Governor Malloy and I believe that having a strong presence in Washington can bring lasting results to Connecticut."
Featured speakers include the following:
- President of the Business Roundtable
- General Counsel of the U.S. Trade Representative
- Undersecretary of Transportation
- Undersecretary of Education for higher education
- Staff Director (Majority) for the U.S. House of Representatives
- Staff Director (Majority) of the U.S. House of Representatives
- Deputy Director of the Energy Information Administration
Additionally she will attend the Democratic Lieutenant Governors Association Policy Conference on March 22nd.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/@LGWyman
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LtGovWyman