The mission of the CSDE Talent Office is to develop and deploy talent management and human capital development strategies to districts and schools state-wide so that the most effective educators are in every school and classroom and all students are prepared for college, career and life.
Message from the Talent Office:
We know that as educators, you play a crucial role in the life of every child who enters your school. Research confirms that teachers are the single most important school-based influence on how well students learn. Connecticut has extraordinary teachers who have the power to motivate and engage students in ways that change lives. Students in many schools across the state achieve at levels equal to the highest achieving nations in the world. Yet, we have many students who are falling further and further behind leading to one of the highest achievement gaps in the country. Teaching is demanding and requires skill that is perfected through years of practice.
In order for students to do their best, educators need the resources and support to enable their best. The CSDE Talent Office is committed to developing effective leaders and teachers through high-quality, job-embedded professional learning and ongoing support of continuous improvement for all educators.
The Talent Office addresses the full continuum of talent management & human capital development strategies, including:
- Educator Preparation
- Teacher Education and Mentoring (TEAM)
- Educator Evaluation and Support
- Minority Teacher Recruitment
- Professional Learning
- Retention and Career Development
- Leadership Development, including LEAD Connecticut
Talent Office Strategic Goals for 2017-2018:
- Prepare, attract, and retain diverse, high-quality teachers and leaders to Connecticut’s highest-need content areas, schools, and school systems.
- 100% of Connecticut teacher and school/district leader preparation programs meet the new set of rigorous program and outcome standards.
- Ensure that high-quality, relevant support and mentorship is being provided to all participants in TEAM.
- Assist school districts to develop and implement a standards-based, high quality system for professional learning.
- Implement CSDE-approved systems to evaluate and support 100% of teachers and administrators.
Talent Management Inventory for Local Educational Agencies (LEAs) - this inventory tool provides talent management strategies that LEAs may consider, as aligned to the full Talent Office continuum.