Have students review the following sources about women as CEO's today:
- What are the obstacles for women in leadership positions in business today?
- What changes in the culture today may help bring more women into leadership positions in business?
Then have students read this article on entrepreneurship today.
In addition, have students listen to this podcast about crowdsourcing startup businesses:
Students in groups of three or four then consider areas of the economy today that they could target if they were to create a startup.
- What kind of a business would you create?
- How would you attract customers?
- What kinds of workers would you need? How would you promote diversity in your workforce?
- What innovation would you incorporate into the business?
- Who would help to fund your startup?
Design a pitch for your business to share with the class. The presentation should be no more than 3 minutes and can include visuals.