Page 1 of 2
Governor Malloy Encourages Veterans to Apply for Troops to Teachers Program
In observation of Veterans Day, Governor Dannel P. Malloy is reminding school districts, veterans and their families, and all residents about Connecticut’s Troops to Teachers program, and encouraging service members and veterans to apply.
- 10/30/2018 CSDE Regional School Choice Office (RSCO) Hosts Opening Day School Choice Info Fair For 2019-20 Applicants
- 10/16/2018 Governor Malloy Announces Bridgeport Educator Named 2019 Connecticut Teacher of the Year
- 10/10/2018 Hartford's Marisol Rodriguez Named Connecticut's 2019 Anne Marie Murphy Paraeducator of the Year
- 10/1/2018 Gov. Malloy Announces Launch of Initiative to Attract Diverse and Talented People to Become Teachers
- 10/1/2018 Gov. Malloy Announces Four Connecticut Public Schools Earn 2018 National Blue Ribbon Schools Distinction
- 9/14/2018 Gov Malloy: Advanced Placement Test Scores Increase Nearly Four Percent
- 9/6/2018 CSDE: Statewide Improvements In Student Achievement On 2017-18 Smarter Balanced Assessment
- 7/3/2018 Path Academy Voluntarily Surrenders Charter Before Conclusion of State Board of Education Revocation Process
End Hunger CT! Blitz Kicks Off Summer Hunger Awareness Campaign
New Britain, Conn. (June 21, 2018) – End Hunger Connecticut! (EHC!), joined by Lieutenant Governor Nancy Wyman, the Connecticut Department of Education, and the United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut today joined the annual Summer Meals Blitz and Block Party, this year held in New Britain. The event comes in the middle of ‘Summer Meals Blitz Week’, which began in New Haven on June 16, 2018 and brings volunteers and community leaders together to help connect more kids to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Summer Meals Program.
- 6/20/2018 CT Education Commissioner Wentzell Selected For National School Safety Steering Committee
Red, White and Blue Schools Program Recognizes 17 Connecticut Schools
Secretary of the State Denise Merrill and Education Commissioner Dianna R. Wentzell today recognized 17 schools, including three school districts, for their implementation of the Red, White and Blue Schools program. This initiative stresses the importance of teaching civics throughout students’ educations in varied and innovative ways in order to encourage whole-life community engagement. This school year is the program’s second year with the 2017-18 theme centered on “Engagement at the Local Level”. The Red, White and Blue Schools’ theme for the 2018-2019 school year - “Exploring Our Local Historical Roots” – was also announced.
Gov. Malloy: Education Week Ranks Connecticut Fourth In Nation On Annual Report Card
Governor Dannel P. Malloy and State Education Commissioner Dianna R. Wentzell today announced that Connecticut has been ranked fourth among the 50 states and the District of Columbia on Education Week’s annual edition of its Quality Counts 2018: School Finance Report & Rankings. Connecticut received an overall score of 87.8 out of 100 points and a grade of B+ while the nation as a whole received a grade of C.
- 5/23/2018 Connecticut State Board of Education Votes to Initiate Revocation Process for Path Academy Charter
CT State Department of Education to Hold Meeting Tomorrow for Path Academy Families Ahead of Consideration of Charter Revocation Process
Connecticut State Department of Education (SDE) Commissioner Dianna Wentzell and other SDE officials will hold a meeting tomorrow afternoon (Tuesday, May 22) for the students, parents and guardians of Path Academy to provide additional information and answer questions on the potential revocation of the charter school’s operators’ license.