About the Collection: Test Participation Exceptions
As a result of the administration of the Smarter Balanced Assessments, the NGSS Science Test, including Connecticut Alternate Science (CTAS), the Connecticut Alternate Assessment (CTAA), the Connecticut SAT School Day, and the English Language Proficiency Assessment, there are several data collections that are used to collect instances where a student may apply for a test participation exception.
- A collection where districts provide student information regarding English Learner Participation in the English Language Proficiency Assessment. This collection is completed by contacting the office via phone. These include:
- students who would have been a participant if an Alternate ELP assessment was available;
- students who would have been medically exempt;
- students who did not participate in the Listening test because the student is deaf or hearing impaired; or
- students who did not participate in the Speaking assessment because the student is non-verbal.
- A collection where districts can apply for a Medical Exemption from testing for Smarter Balanced, Connecticut SAT School Day, NGSS Science, the Connecticut Alternate Assessments (CTAA and CTAS), and the English Language Proficiency Assessment. Medical Exemptions are permitted ONLY if a student is medically unavailable for homebound or hospitalized instruction during the entire testing window. This is accomplished through the Medical Exemption Form.
|Collection||Submission Due Date
|Final Revision Date
|Prior to testing||TBD||TBD||TBD|