- 20 U.S.C. § 1418 (a) - Education of Individuals with Disabilities
- 18 USC§ 921 (25) - Crimes and Criminal Procedure - Definitions - School Zone
- CT General Statutes Sec. 10-10a. - Public school information system. Definitions. Development and implementation. Types of data collected. Access to data maintained under system.
- CT General Statutes Sec. 10-233 (a) - Suspension of Pupils
- Defines Removal (90-minute rule), In-School Suspension, Suspension, Expulsion and School-Sponsored Activities
- CT General Statutes Sec. 10-233 (d) - Expulsion of pupils
- Defines various aspects of expulsion including alternative educational opportunity requirements.
- Public Act No. 14-229 - An Act Concerning the Expungement of a Pupil's Cumulative Education Record for Certain Expulsions
- Public Act No. 15-96 - An Act Concerning Out-Of-School Suspensions and Expulsions for Students in Preschool and Grades Kindergarten to Two.
- Public Act No. 15-168 - An Act Concerning Collaboration Between Boards of Education and School Resource Officers and the Collection and Reporting of Data on School-Based Arrests
- Defines School-Based Arrest
- Standards for Educational Opportunities for Students Who Have Been Expelled - Overview of Legal Requirements
- Guidelines for Reporting Student Attendance in the Public School Information System (PSIS) - See Appendix F of the Public School Information System Reference Guide
- Guidance on reporting Disciplinary Absences
- Public Act No. 17-14 - An Act Implementing the Recommendations of the Department of Education
- The repeal of a a half-day or greater ISS being considered an absence
- General Records Retention Schedules for Municipalities - Schedule M8 - Education Records
- Minimum record retention requirements for cumulative records, disciplinary records, health information, etc.