All schools participating in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and School Breakfast Program (SBP) must complete daily menu production records for all meals. A production record is a working tool that outlines the type and quantity of foods that need to be purchased and available for the meal service. Production records should include:
- name of site;
- grade group;
- meal date;
- meal type (breakfast or lunch);
- food components and other items, including
substitutions and condiments;
- recipe or food product used;
- planned number of portions and serving sizes;
- total amount of food prepared;
- amount of leftover food;
- total quantity of food used; and
- number of reimbursable meals served.
Schools may choose to use or adapt the Connecticut State Department of Education’s sample production record forms. Click on the Documents/Forms section of the left navigation bar to access the sample production records.
Overview of Requirements