- Action Guide for Child Care Nutrition and Physical Activity Policies (CSDE)
Helps local and community child care, early education and afterschool programs establish and implement comprehensive nutrition and physical activity policies and practices that encourage healthy lifestyles in children.
Helps child care programs develop a plan to take action to improve their nutrition and physical activity practices.
Connecticut Child Care Nutrition Standards (CCCNS)
Optional nutrition standards that provide the healthiest choices in child care by promoting whole or minimally processed, nutrient-rich foods that are low in fat, added sugars, and sodium.
- Appendix C of the action guide (CSDE)
- Evaluating Compliance (use Worksheets 1-9 on the CSDE's Crediting Foods in CACFP Child Care Programs webpage)
Template policies for comprehensive nutrition and physical activity policies. Both versions contain the same content with different formatting.
- Introduction to Policy Templates (CSDE)
- Version 1 Text Format (CSDE)
- Version 2 Bulleted Format (CSDE)
Tools to help child care programs assess their current nutrition and physical activity practices and identify areas in need of improvement.