What are the basics of MBL?
- What's in a name?
- What is Mastery-Based Learning?
- Why Mastery-Based Learning?
- Communications toolkit
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Implementation Guidelines
- 10 principles of Mastery-Based Learning
- Mastery-Based Learning booklet - follow three students on their journey through MBL
- Mastery-Based Learning Starts with the Student
- Comparison of mastery-based education vs. traditional education
- Connecticut schools and districts that have implemented MBL
How does MBL improve education for all?
- Student perspectives on Mastery-Based Learning
- Competency-Based Education* and Students with Learning and Attention Issues
- Online Resources for Competency-Based Education*
- 3 Ways Competency-Based Education* is Being Used by Teachers
- Competency-Based Education:* Frequently Asked Questions
- Connecticut's five-year comprehensive plan for education: Equity and Excellence for All Connecticut Students
- Considerations for Implementation of Mastery-Based Learning in Special Populations
- Community Engagement and Student-Centered Learning*
*Mastery-based learning is also known as competency-based education, student-centered learning, and other terms. See What's in a name? for more information.
Will my child's report card change under MBL?
- What does grading and reporting look like in a Mastery-Based Learning system?
- "Goodbye letter grades, hello 4-3-2-1 for WLocks freshmen," from the Journal Inquirer, Friday, June 10, 2016
- "What happens when a D-minus average isn't good enough to graduate?" The Connecticut Mirror via the Hechinger Report
What is the impact of MBL on college admissions?
- Connecticut public colleges and universities endorsement
- University of Connecticut endorsement
- 68 New England Institutions of Higher Education Offer Statements of Support for Mastery-Based Learning
- "How Selective Colleges and Universities Evaluate Proficiency-Based High School Transcripts"from the New England Journal of Higher Education, April 2016