Connecticut's Definition of Professional Learning: High-quality professional learning is a process that ensures all educators* have equitable access throughout their career continuum to relevant, individual and collaborative opportunities to enhance their practice so that all students advance towards positive academic and non-academic outcomes.
* Applies to all certified employees and can extend to all school and district staff.
Developing a High-quality Professional Learning System
- 2012 Statutory Elimination of CEU Requirement for Professional Certificate Holders
- Connecticut Standards for Professional Learning adopted May 6, 2015
- Connecticut Guidance for a Professional Learning System
- Elements of a High-Quality Professional Learning System
- Professional Learning System Foundations Tool Kit