Resources to Implement Flexibilities within the CT Guidelines for Educator Evaluation 2017 for the 2020-2021 School Year
Recommendations & Resources Related to the Flexibilities for Implementing the CT Guidelines for Educator Evaluation 2017 for 2020-21 Webinar Series:
- Webinar 1 - Part 1 and Part 2: Observation, Feedback, and Support for Educators and Administrators
- Webinar 2 - Part 3: Student Learning Objectives
Districts who have adopted the flexibility measures for the 2020-21 academic year have permission to focus student learning components on social and emotional learning, student engagement, and family engagement exclusively. However, for districts looking for guidance on how to incorporate an academic indicator within an SEL goal, please refer to the two samples below. These samples provide one approach to setting a goal and are intended as examples.
This sample Administrator goal focuses on supporting remote teaching and learning through family engagement.
*Reminder, all goals must be achieved through mutual agreement between the educator and their primary evaluator.
Resources to Guide Initial Conversations about SEL Goal Setting:
- Aligning SEL and Academic Objectives (CASEL)
- Social and Emotional Learning - CT State Department of Education
- Social and Emotional Learning Standards – Ohio State Department of Education (includes resources for Schools & Building, Teacher & Classroom, Family & Community)
- Social Emotional Learning and Implementation Guidance – Minnesota Department of Education
- Social and Emotional Learning Assessment Guidance - Minnesota Department of Education
- Choosing and Using SEL Competency Assessments: What Schools and District Need to Know – CASEL
- Considerations for SEL Competency Assessment - CASEL
- Strategies for Social and Emotional Learning: Preschool and Elementary Grade Student Learning Standards and Assessment - CASEL
- Teaching the Whole Child: Instructional Practices That Support Social-Emotional Learning in Three Teacher Evaluation Frameworks - GTL
- SEL Integration in Schools - CASEL
- Providing Verbal Feedback - Tepper and Flynn
- Providing Written Feedback - Tepper and Flynn
- Providing Video Feedback - Tepper and Flynn