- Types of Certificates
- Endorsement Codes
- Mailing Addresses (Regular and Express)
- What Application Form Do I Use?
Your application will be placed in the queue for review more quickly if you click on the “Apply online” option, where available, and submit the application via your account on the Connecticut Educator Certification System (CECS). Or, if you prefer, the following forms, in Adobe Acrobat PDF format, may be printed and mailed to the address at the top of the form.
Please read all instructions completely.
Pursuant to Connecticut General Statutes Section 10-221d, the State Board of Education must complete a criminal history records check on each applicant for an initial issuance or renewal of a certificate, authorization or permit. Each applicant seeking an initial issuance or renewal of a certificate, authorization or permit must also submit to a records check of the Department of Children and Families’ child abuse and neglect registry established pursuant to Connecticut General Statutes Section 17a-101k. Periodically, the State Board of Education is required to submit the database of all persons who hold any certificate, authorization or permit for follow-up records checks.
For Individual Use
- ED 125 Statement of Preparing Higher Education Institution [Printable Form]
- ED 126 Statement of Professional Experience [Printable Form]
- ED 170A Short Form Application for Connecticut Initial Educator Certificate [Printable Form]
- ED 170 General Application for Certificate [Apply Online] [Printable Form]
- ED 172A Application for Initial Educator Certificate for Holders of Temporary 90-Day Certificates [Printable Form]
- ED 176A Application to Convert Standard or Permanent Certificate [Apply Online] [Printable Form]
- ED 179 Application for Continuation of Professional Educator Certificate [Apply Online] [Printable Form]
- ED 183 Application for Renewal of Connecticut Initial Educator Certificate [Apply Online] [Printable Form]
- ED 184 Application to Remove Course Work Deficiency And/Or Assessment Deferral [Apply Online] [Printable Form]
- ED 185 Application For Five-Year Renewable Coaching Permit [Apply Online] [Printable Form]
- ED 187 Request for Duplicate Certificate [Apply Online] [Printable Form]
For District Use
- ED 172 Application for Temporary 90-Day Certificate
- ED 173 Application for Temporary Authorization for a Minor Assignment
- ED 173A Application for Extension of Early Childhood Endorsement (Grades N-3) to Elementary (Grades K-6)
- ED 174 Application For Substitute Teacher Authorization For Candidates Who Have Not Completed A Bachelor’s Degree
- ED 175 Application for Extension of Substitute Teacher Authorization Beyond the 40-Day Limit
- ED 177 Application for Durational Shortage Area Permit (DSAP)
- ED 186 Application for Temporary Emergency Coaching Permit
- ED 188 Application for Nonrenewable Adult Educator Authorization
- ED 198 Adjunct Arts Instructor Permit
- ED 199 Application for Resident Educator Certificate
- ED 710 Application for Charter School Educator Permit
- Additional documentation or fees may be required to complete the application.
- Completed forms must be returned via postal mail and contain authentic signatures. Photocopies will not be accepted.
- Do NOT return the form via e-mail or fax.